Make Your Visit A Comfortable One
- Be worn properly throughout the entire experience
- Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and and allow the Guest to remain hands free
- Fit snuggly yet comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops
- Be made of breathable material, either disposable or reusable
- Guests who do not have a face mask will not be permitted access to Pier 33 Alcatraz Landing, and will not have the option to received a refund.
The weather on Alcatraz is unpredictable and subject to change unexpectedly, so be sure to dress in layers…bring along a light jacket or sweater, no matter how nice the day begins!
Sunglasses and sunblock are recommended, since sunlight reflecting off the bay’s surface can be dangerously bright even on a cold, windy day.
The roads on Alcatraz are steep, and your exploration can include stairways and gravel walkways…wear comfortable walking shoes with grip-type soles. Sandals, leather-soled shoes, high heels, and open-toe shoes are not recommended.
Rain occurs frequently during winter and early spring. About half of the Alcatraz Island tour route is along outside roadways without shelter from the rain, so dress for possible wet weather.