Enjoy the best of York with City Cruises and experience the extraordinary in this majestic city!
- Search Result
York – City Cruises
About City Cruises in York – City Cruises
- City Experiences York Boat Yard Departure Point | City Experiences
- Departure Points for York Cruises | City Experiences
- Evening Dinner Cruises on the River Ouse with City Experiences York
- FAQs – York
- King’s Staith Landing Map from City Experiences York | City Experiences
- Lendal Bridge Landing Map from City Experiences York
- Private Christmas Boat Party on the River Ouse with City Experiences York
- Red Boat Hire (Self Drive Boats) Map from City Experiences York
- York Charity Events Hire a Private Boat with City Experiences
- Christmas Party Nights Afloat – City Cruises
- Day Boats
- Dining Cruises on the River Ouse in York with City Cruises York
- Evening Cruises in York – City Cruises
- Festive Sightseeing Cruise
- Gin Cruise On The Ouse
- Group Tours in York – City Cruises
- Groups – York
- Halloween Cruise with York Dungeon – City Cruises
- Hen Parties in York – City Cruises
- How to Get Here – City Cruises
- Information – York
- Party Cruises in York – City Cruises
- Party Nights Afloat Cruise
- Private Hire
- Return to Service – City Cruises
- School Events in York
- Social Events
- Special Offers and Discount on Boat – City Cruises
- Terms & Conditions for City Cruises York
- Thames Sightseeing River Cruise | Explore the River Thames | City Experiences
- Wedding Cruises in York – City Cruises
- York Afternoon Tea Cruise
- York City Cruise
- York City Fleet
- York Dungeon & York City Cruise – City Cruises
- York Early Evening Cruise
- York Evening Dinner Cruise
- York Festive Cruises
- York Fish & Chips Cruise
- York Floodlit Evening Cruise
- York Gift Cards – City Cruises
- York Lunch Cruise
- York Private Boat Party Veneue- Private Parties with City Cruises
- York Riverbus Service – City Cruises
- York Self Drive Boat Hire
- York Sightseeing Cruises on the River Ouse – City Cruises
- York Special Events
- York’s Santa Experience
- Yorkshire Picnic Cruise
- About City Cruises in York – City Cruises
5 things to do in York to get you into the festive spirit!
With Christmas just around the corner, now is the time to book your festive city break away and where better to spend the winter season than York. York offers a
We’re Two-Time Finalists In The York Press Business Awards!
City Cruises York has been shortlisted as a finalist for two York Press Business Awards! The annual awards, organised by the York Press, champion companies and individuals that have been
Taking A Boat Trip In York Is The #1 Thing To Do This Summer!
There’s nothing quite like a summer boat trip! And when it comes to boat trips, York is the place to be. With its beautiful River Ouse and stunning scenery, taking
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the top things to do in York?
Best things to do in York
- Visit York Minster – one of the largest Gothic cathedrals in Northern Europe, and home to an awe-inspiring collection of medieval stained glass.
- Take a stroll around The Shambles – a narrow, medieval street lined with quaint shops selling everything from fudge to Harry Potter memorabilia.
- Wander through the picturesque streets of York’s historic city centre and admire the traditional architecture.
- Explore the Jorvik Viking Centre – an interactive museum which brings York’s Viking history to life.
- Visit Clifford’s Tower – a 13th-century castle perched atop a hill overlooking the River Ouse.
- Take a boat trip along the river to get a different perspective on the city.
- Learn about York’s ghosts and ghouls on a spooky walking tour of the city centre.
- Enjoy afternoon tea in one of York’s many charming tearooms.
- Sample some of the local produce at one of York’s farmers’ markets.
- Catch a show at the Grand Opera House – a spectacular Edwardian theatre which plays host to a variety of musicals, operas and ballets.
What are the top activities in other areas near York?
What do I need to know before visiting York?
- York is a walled city, so there are plenty of historic buildings and sites to explore within the city walls.
- Many of the streets in the city centre are narrow and cobbled, so comfortable walking shoes are a must!
- York is located in Northern England, so the weather can be quite cold and wet depending upon the time of year you visit.
- There are plenty of pubs and bars in York, but many close early (around 11pm), so don’t leave your night out too late! You can also look to do a dinner cruise as they offer drinks as well!