Recommended Experiences in Madrid
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the top things to do in Madrid?
Best things to do in Madrid, Spain
- Take a walk through the historic center: Madrid’s historic center is one of the largest in Europe and is home to some of the city’s most iconic landmarks. Start at Plaza Mayor, then head to the Royal Palace, the Cathedral of Almudena, and finish up at Gran Vía.
- Visit the Prado Museum: One of the world’s greatest art museums, the Prado is a must-see for any art lover. With works by Spanish masters such as Goya, Velázquez, and El Greco, as well as European masters like Raphael, Titian, and Caravaggio, there is something for everyone.
- Explore Retiro Park: Madrid’s largest park is the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. With its expansive gardens, stunning monuments, and tranquil lakes, Retiro Park is a true oasis in the middle of the city.
- Go for a walk along Gran Vía: Gran Vía is one of Madrid’s most iconic streets and is home to some of the city’s most famous landmarks. Start at Plaza de España and walk up to Puerta del Sol, then continue on to Plaza Mayor.
- Sample the local cuisine: Madrid is renowned for its food, so be sure to sample some of the local specialties such as cocido madrileño (a traditional stew), callos a la madrileña (tripe with sausage and blood pudding), and churros con chocolate (fried dough sticks with chocolate sauce).
- Catch a flamenco show: Flamenco is Spain’s most iconic form of dance and music, and there are plenty of opportunities to catch a live performance in Madrid. Head to one of the city’s many flamenco clubs, or check out a show at the world-famous Teatro Real.