ACC Community Outreach Bay Discovery Cruise
Alcatraz City Cruises provides a limited number of tickets at no cost for the 90-minute Bay Discovery Cruise. All school students under 17 years of age are entitled to 1 Bay Discovery Cruise ticket per year, and certain Bay Area community organizations might qualify for the no-cost tickets.
Please complete the ticket request form located on this page or use the provided link, and we will respond as soon as possible with more information.
The current Bay Discovery Cruise schedule can be found here
- Requests are subject to ticket availability and departure schedules
- Requests should be received at least 5 days prior to the departure date for response and processing
- All guests 17 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult, and school groups must adhere to a chaperone ratio of one adult for per 9 students
- San Francisco school students must provide a school ID when checking in at the Pier 33 Ticketbooth
- Community organizations requesting tickets must be based and provide essential services to communities within the following 9-Bay Are counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, Sonoma
- Alcatraz City Cruises will attempt to fulfill each request, but requested tickets are not guaranteed until a ticket confirmation has been received
Get ready for education and discovery: the Bay Discovery Cruise includes a multilingual, app-based Audio Tour available in 20 languages.
This 90-minute sightseeing cruise is full of San Francisco icons, such as:
- The Golden Gate Bridge*
- Alcatraz Island*
- Angel Island
- The Marin Headlands
- Fort Point / Presidio
- Ghirardelli Square
- Pier 39
- San Francisco Skyline
- Immerse yourself in the history of the Bay Area’s National Parks and the expansive beauty of the Golden Gate National Recreational Area.
- Explore the many layers of Alcatraz Island history, including the Native American occupation and the lives of colorful inmates.
- Imagine yourself surrounded by the solitude and age-old redwoods of Muir Woods.
- Identify the defensive positioning of Bay Area Forts during the Gold Rush and Civil War.
- Learn how the bustling energy of World’s Fairs revitalized San Francisco after the destruction of the 1906 Earthquake and fires.
- Discover how the Second World War brought lasting changes to the San Francisco waterfront.
- And more!
* Note: This tour does not dock at Alcatraz Island, and sails under the Golden Gate Bridge, weather permitting.
Face coverings are strongly recommended throughout your experience.
**Please bring your fully-charged mobile device and headset to enjoy the app-based Audio Tour.
View the Terms and Conditions
It is recommended that you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your departure time. For more information visit the Departure and Return schedules.
Pier 33 Alcatraz Landing
Alcatraz Landing includes the Ticketbooth and waiting and boarding areas, all of which are accessible. Accessible bathrooms are found at Pier 33 Alcatraz Landing and on all Alcatraz City Cruises vessels.
Please note: there are no wheelchairs available for loan at Pier 33 Alcatraz Landing.