FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Know Before You Go
For the safety of our guests and staff, face masks that cover the nose and mouth are required (for all guests ages 3 and up, and for all crew members) on the premises and on the boats. Bring your own, or disposable face masks are available for purchase on-site.
Tours & Cruises
What types of tours & cruises are offered?
Niagara City Cruises offers unique experiences to choose from;
Voyage To The Falls Boat Tour
Hop aboard to make your way to an experience no one ever forgets. Get up close and personal with the American Falls, Canadian Horseshoe Falls, and breathtaking Great Gorge – and the thundering roar, awesome power and amazing mist that come along with these natural wonders.
Or ride after sunset for a light-mist experience (that’s still heavy on the magic) with the illumination of the Falls.
Falls Fireworks Cruise
Please note: the Falls Fireworks Cruise will not operate in the 2021 season.
When does Niagara City Cruises sail?
Can I reserve a specific time for a Voyage to the Falls boat tour?
Yes, to ensure the safety and protection of our guests and staff, Voyage to the Falls boat tour tickets for the 2021 season are Timed Entry Ticketing. Select a time slot that best suits your plans.
Plan to arrive at or within your selected time slot.
All groups require advanced reservations. Please email us at [email protected] for more details.
Please find our full schedule here!
What is the difference between the Full Mist and Light Mist experience?
Before sunset our Full Mist boat tours sail into the heart of the Canadian Horseshoe Falls. While our Light Mist experiences sail after sunset and right up to the brink of the Horseshoe Falls.
What if there is bad weather?
We sail rain or shine!
If severe weather persists, tours may be cancelled or postponed until the weather clears.
Do I have to pay for a poncho?
Our recyclable ponchos are complimentary and handed out just before boarding.
Are your ponchos recyclable?
Yes, our complimentary ponchos are 100% recyclable.
How long should I expect to be onsite?
We recommend budgeting an hour for your entire visit, this is fully dependent on traffic volume and varies person to person. Actual time may vary depending on business volumes, peak hours, etc.
Are your vessels Transport Canada certified?
Yes. All Niagara City Cruises vessels are Transport Canada certified and inspected annually to adhere to strict safety regulations. All our Marine crew participate in regularly scheduled safety drills on each vessel.
What are your ticket prices?
VOYAGE TO THE FALLS BOAT TOUR
|Child||3 to 12||$21.25|
|Infant||2 and under||Free|
FALLS FIREWORKS CRUISE
|* Please note our Falls Fireworks Cruises will not operate in 2021.|
Where can I purchase tickets?
What is your refund policy?
All boat tour tickets are final sale and tickets are non-refundable. Read our full Terms & Conditions here.
To assist our guests’ booking decisions with Niagara City Cruises during the COVID-19 situation, we are making temporary changes to our cancellation policy:
- If your boat tour or cruise is cancelled because public health authorities’ decisions, we will fully refund your purchase.
- If you are unable to join for your experience due to an illness or because of travel to a restricted area, AND, you contact us no later than 24 hours prior to your tour time, we will apply the purchase you have made toward any future experience offered in 2021 or 2022.
- For all other instances the original Terms & Conditions will apply; All sales are final. Not for exchange, resale or transfer.
How does Timed Ticketing work?
For our 2021 season, guests will select the date and time slot that best suits their needs.
Guests are encouraged to arrive on-time, just prior to or within their selected time slot.
Can I pay in US currency?
Yes! We accept US Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards online and in person. US cash is also accepted at our Ticket Plaza.
Do I have to print out my tickets?
We encourage all guests to skip the printer and use our Mobile Ticketing which can be scanned directly from a smart phone or within our Niagara City Cruises App.
What methods of payment do you accept?
At our Main Ticket Plaza we accept the following methods of payment:
- American Express
- Diners Club
- CAN and US Cash
Do you offer any discounts for students, or seniors?
We do not offer discounts for students and seniors.
For groups of 20+ see our Groups page for rates.
How many people do I need to get a group rate?
Do you sell gift cards?
No. Currently we do not sell or accept gift cards of any kind.
I’ve purchased a ticket online but did not receive my e-Ticket, what now?
Alternatively, you can bring your booking confirmation number to the Main Ticket Plaza and we will be able to bring up your reservation.
I lost my ticket, can it be replaced?
Yes, an e-ticket can be replaced with the original booking confirmation number at the Main Ticket Plaza or by contacting our Customer Support department.
What health and safety measures due you have in place?
The health and well-being of our guests and crew members is our number one priority. In response to the current COVID-19 pandemic we have implemented several new safety measures including new entry and boarding requirements, which include:
- Face Masks: All guests ages 3 and older are always required to wear face masks that cover the nose and mouth when on the premises and on-board the boats. Face masks are available for purchase on-site.
- Timed Ticketing Entry: To control passenger flow and manage guest capacity, timed ticketing entry will be implemented, and advance group reservations are required.
- Health Screening: Guests will undergo temperature screening prior to being permitted on the premises. Anyone displaying a temperature of 38° C or higher will be refused entry and ticket(s) will be refunded accordingly.
Safety Screening: All guests and personal items may be subject to screening.
- Guests are permitted to bring a personal item. Personal items include a small purse or handbag, small backpack, infant diaper bag or camera bag. Maximum dimensions are 17.8 x 38.1 x 40.6 centimetres (7 x 15 x 16 inches).
- Restricted and dangerous articles are strictly prohibited. This includes but is not limited to: suitcases of any size, carry-on luggage, overnight bags, roller bags, briefcases, coolers, trunks, dangerous articles, and all other items that exceed the maximum dimensions for personal allowances.
- Please note that additional personal item allowance and entry restrictions may be imposed at the checkpoint without prior notice.
- All guests riding the boat require a ticket to board.
- Outside food and beverage is not permitted.
- Our attraction is a smoke-free environment including no smoking of tobacco and cannabis, as well as no vaping.
- Focus on Sanitization: increased cleaning frequency for high-contact areas using approved products as well as providing guests with access to hand sanitizer stations throughout the premises.
- Physical Distancing: Best practices in physical distancing will be implemented including the use of floor markers, directional arrows, communication signage, installation of plexiglass at service counters, ample staging for queuing, timed ticketing entry and reduced guest capacity on vessels.
- Crew Member Health Checks: A Health Check will be conducted for each employee at the start of their shift. Niagara City Cruises will also equip team members with the tools they need to provide increased protection such as more frequent Training, access to PPE as well as increased hygiene, disinfection and sanitation practices.
Niagara City Cruises reserves the right to modify its safety measures at any point without prior notice.
What are Niagara City Cruises hours of operation?
Are your boats wheelchair accessible?
Yes, our attraction and all boats are wheelchair accessible.
Please visit our Accessibility page for more information.
Do you have washrooms onsite?
Yes, there are 2 wheelchair accessible washrooms aboard each of our two catamaran boats.
There are additional wheelchair accessible washroom on land on Hornblower Landing.
Is smoking or vaping allowed?
Smoking or vaping of any kind; tobacco, cannabis, or e-juice, is strictly prohibited on our boats or anywhere on our property.
Are Infant Strollers permitted on the attraction grounds and on the boats?
- Yes, small to mid-size infant strollers are permitted.
- Prior to boarding there is a designated unsupervised area available to park strollers at your own discretion.
- Infant strollers brought on-board are not permitted on the upper observation deck for safety purposes, as well, strollers cannot be left unattended and all personal belongings should be supervised accordingly.
Is there a place to store my personal items?
- No, we do not offer storage areas for personal items.
- All personal items should never be left unattended during your visit.
- At your own discretion, infant strollers can be left at the designated unsupervised area prior to boarding.
- Please refer to Personal Item Allowance for more details.
Do you have a Lost and Found?
Yes, our Lost and Found is located at our Administration Building where the public washrooms are located. For further assistance contact our Customer Service department.
Can I bring my pet?
Niagara City Cruises welcomes guide dogs or service animals on our premises. All service animals must wear proper service attire, and documentation supporting that the animal is a service animal must be provided.
All other animals and pets are not permitted on Niagara City Cruises property.
Can I bring in outside food and beverage?
Can I take photos?
Absolutely! We love seeing the amazing photos and videos our guests take. Be sure to use #InTheMist on social media to share your experience with us!
Please note that we only allow hand held cameras onsite and do not permit any additional equipment with general admission. For commercial film/photography shoot inquiries, please see our Press & Media page.
Directions & Parking
How do I get to Niagara City Cruises?
How do I get to the Niagara City Cruises Funicular?
Where should I park?
What is the closest Canadian Highway to Niagara City Cruises?
Where is the closest bus terminal?
Where is the closest train station?
Do I need a passport to enter Canada?
What is the closest Canadian-US. Border crossing?
The closest border crossing to our attraction is The Rainbow Bridge, a 2-minute drive from Niagara City Cruises.
The Whirlpool Bridge is a Nexus only bridge and is located 5-minutes from the attraction.
What is the closest international airport?
The closest airport to our attraction is the Niagara Falls International Airport in Niagara Falls, New York, U.S.A at approximately a 30-minute drive.
The Buffalo International Airport in Buffalo, NY, U.S.A is approximately a 45-minute drive.
There is also the John C. Munro International Airport in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada (40-minute drive) and Lester B. Pearson Toronto International Airport in Toronto, Ontario, Canada (1.5 hours).
Plan Your Visit
When is the best time to visit Niagara Falls, Canada?
The best time to visit Niagara Falls, Canada is between April and November when many of the major attractions are open and the weather is best.
When are your peak times?
On weekends, holidays, and throughout the summer season, our peak hours are between 11:00 am – 4:00 pm.
In July and August we suggest coming before 11:00 am or after 4:00 pm for the best visitor experience.
Is Niagara City Cruises wheelchair accessible?
What should I wear?
Please note for the safety of our guests and staff, face masks that cover the nose and mouth are required (we recommend you bring your own) on the premises and on the boats. Face masks are available for purchase on-site.
Complimentary recyclable mist ponchos are provided for each guest.
Light jackets, sweaters, rain jackets, running shoes, and hats are great when travelling to Niagara in the Spring and Fall.
During the summer months a comfortable pair of walking shoes is highly suggested. Shorts, t-shirts, hats, sun visors, sunglasses, and light jackets for the evening are also encouraged as temperatures are generally 5 – 10 degrees cooler by the water. Don’t forget the sunscreen!
Please also consider dressing according to the weather to ensure a comfortable experience. You can check the local weather here.
What types of accommodations are close to Niagara City Cruises?
Do you have food and drinks available?
Whether you’re looking for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a light snack, our Riverside Patio casual menu is filled with delicious food and spectacular views.
This is one of the region’s best kept secrets. So for Food, Drinks and Fun, spend some extra time at our Riverside Patio.
Is there a location to purchase waterproof items?
Yes, we offer a selection of waterproof items such as smartphone cover cases, water shoes and bags at our Roar Store Retail.
Do you offer Audio Tours?
Our free Audio Tour Guides are available in our Niagara City Cruises App and are available in 8 languages.
Does your app feature games?
YES! Our app features trivia questions, mix and match puzzles, and a Virtual Tour to learn about Niagara Falls.