Experience the best of Rome with City Experiences! Explore the Vatican, the Sistine Chapel, the Colosseum, and more with one of our guided walking tours, enjoy a taste of delicious Italian cuisine with a food tour, and more.
Recommended Experiences in Rome
- After Hours at the Sistine Chapel: Vatican Museums & Aperitivo
- Alone in Rome’s Catacombs: After-Hours Tour with Bone Chapel
- Boat-Hopping on the Amalfi Coast: Day Trip from Rome
- Borghese Gallery Tour & Tickets: With Bernini, Caravaggio, & Raphael
- Crypts, Bones & Catacombs: An Underground Tour of Rome
- Day Trips From Rome: Tuscan Hilltowns, Fortresses & Vineyards
- Devour Tours Rome
- Gladiator’s Gate: Special Access Colosseum Tour with Arena Floor
- Pasta-Making Class: Cook, Dine & Drink Wine With A Local Chef
- Pompeii Tour from Rome with Amalfi Coast Drive
- Roman Icons: Pantheon to Castel Sant’Angelo Tour with Panoramic View
- Rome – Pasta Class
- Rome As a Local: Hidden Gems & Ancient Wonders
- Rome in A Day Tour with Vatican, Colosseum & Historic Center
- Rome Street Food Tour
- Rome Testaccio
- Rome Trastevere
- Skip the Line: Premium Colosseum Tour with Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- Testaccio Rome: Food & Market Tour
- Vatican Day Tour with Sistine Chapel, Vatican Museums, Papal Palaces, Pope’s Railway and Lunch
- Vatican Highlights Tour with St. Peter’s Dome Climb
- VIP Caesar’s Palace Tour with Colosseum and Roman Forum
- VIP Colosseum at Night Tour with Underground & Arena Floor
- VIP Colosseum Underground Tour with Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- VIP Key Master’s Tour: Open The Sistine Chapel
- VIP Pristine Sistine Vatican Tour with Museum Breakfast
- Walks Rome
- Welcome to Rome: Twilight City Stroll & Gelato-Tasting
10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About the Vatican
Home to the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica, and the Vatican Museums, the Vatican—officially known as Vatican City—is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Rome. Located on Vatican
Crew Spotlight: Get to know Rome tour guide Thea Julia Charity
Although our tours take place in some of the most exciting cities on the planet, it’s our team members who truly make these experiences so special and memorable. With our
7 Special Ways to Celebrate an Anniversary in Rome
With its grand historic architecture, amazing food, classical artwork, and beautiful city parks, Rome is one of the most charming cities in the world. Couples come from all over to soak
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the top things to do in Rome?
Best things to do in Rome
If it is your first time visiting Rome, definitely be sure to do a couple guided tours! There are plenty of ancient ruins and historic sites to see in Rome, and a guide can help you make the most of your time. The Colosseum, Vatican City, and Pantheon are just a few of the must-see places in Rome. You should also make time to explore some of Rome’s great neighborhoods – each with its own unique atmosphere. Trastevere is a great place to start – it’s full of character and home to some excellent restaurants. When it comes to food, Rome definitely does not disappoint! There are so many amazing places to eat, from casual pizzerias to high-end restaurants. Be sure to try some traditional Roman dishes like carbonara and cacio e pepe. And of course, no visit to Rome would be complete without indulging in some gelato! If you’re looking for some shopping, the Via Condotti is a great place to start. This street is home to some of the most luxurious brands in the world.
What are the top activities near Rome?
What do I need to know before visiting Rome?
If you’re thinking of visiting Rome, there are a few things you should know before you go! Rome is a bustling city with a lot to see and do, so it’s important to be prepared before you arrive. Rome can be crowded, so be prepared for large crowds of people. It’s best to visit during the off-season if possible to avoid the worst of the crowds. Rome is full of historical sites and landmarks, so be sure to do your research before you go. There’s a lot to see, and it can be overwhelming if you don’t know what you’re looking for. It is highly recommended to book tours online ahead of time! That way you are all ready to go as soon as you land in Italy.