Frequently Asked Questions
What You Need To Know Before You Go
- We operate in compliance with U.S. Coast Guard Safety Protocol. We operate a fleet of U.S. Coast Guard Certified Boats.
- We do not recommend the experience for individuals who are pregnant, prone to seizures, have had recent surgery, have abnormal blood pressure, neck or back injuries, anxiety, motion sickness, etc. or conditions that may be aggravated by this ride.
- We require all guests be a minimum 4 years of age or older, and a minimum of 40 inches (101 cm) tall.
- We require all guests under the age of 18 need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- We require all guests to arrive no later than 30 minutes prior to their scheduled departure to check-in and watch our mandatory safety videos and presentations.
- We require all guests to sign a Niagara Jet City Cruises waiver that will be supplied to you upon arrival/check-in.
- We require all guests riding in the co-pilot seats must weigh a minimum 80lbs to a maximum of 250lbs.
- We always require all guests to listen and follow instructions from our Captain and Crew.
- Service animals are welcome at our facility and must always stay with their owners. Please note, service animals are not permitted onboard any vessel. All other animals are not permitted on property.
- For guests who require additional assistance our Captain and Crew are available. Please note that all guests must be able to hold themselves in an upright position, unassisted, to ride the experience.
- Niagara Jet City Cruises is not responsible for lost, stolen, or misdirected personal belongings while on-property or onboard. Guests must store their personal belongings in the overhead bins, or in their vehicle upon parking (highly recommended).
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I bring with me?
Change of Clothes (for guests in Wet Deck seats) – we highly recommend you bring a change of clothes as you are guaranteed to get wet during the experience.
Warm Gear – during the shoulder season (before mid-June and after Labor Day) the weather can be mild and cool at times. So, check the weather forecast and wear/bring appropriate clothing.
Where is Niagara Jet City Cruises located?
How long are the jet boat rides?
Our tours are approximately one (1) hour. We require all guests to arrive no later than 30 minutes prior to their scheduled departure to check-in and watch our mandatory safety videos and presentations.
Do we see Niagara Falls on the boat ride?
No. Our boat ride is approx. 12 miles away from the Falls and takes place in the Lower Niagara River and Whirlpool State Park area.
What does the jet boat ride consist of?
You’ll roar for more after riding on Niagara Jet City Cruises in Youngstown, NY. We put the pedal to the metal and the volume to 11 as our Captain’s blast their favorite playlist as they take you on a fun, up-tempo journey along the Class 5 rapids in the Niagara River.
Your jet boat tour includes:
- Pre-Tour Safety & Instruction Tutorial
- Safety Equipment
- 1-hour jet boat ride on the Niagara River
- Power through the Class 5 rapids of Devil’s Hole and the whirlpool rapids on the Niagara River
- Enjoy 360-degree spins through the Niagara Gorge
- Entertaining guide with comprehensive narration
- Pass by waterfront landmarks like Brock’s Monument and Fort Niagara
What are the age and height requirements to take the jet boat ride?
We require all guests be a minimum 4 years of age or older, and a minimum of 40 inches (101 cm) tall. Child rates apply to guests ages 4 to 12
How early should we arrive for our tour?
We require all guests to arrive no later than 30 minutes prior to their scheduled departure to check-in and watch our mandatory safety videos and presentations.
How far in advance do we need to book our reservations?
During peak season, our jet boat rides will sell-out, therefore, we recommend you book your spot as far enough in advance as possible for your visit. This will also guarantee your ability to secure premium seats (co-pilot, upper and lower wet deck), if interested.
Do you need a passport to ride the boat?
No. A passport is not required to ride the boat. However, if you are travelling from Canada and entering the U.S. at one of the international border crossings, a valid passport will be required to gain entry to the country.
What are the co-pilot seats and are there any requirements?
Pull up a seat beside the captain and become a co-pilot! These two (2) seats are the most sought-after experience on the Niagara River. It’s a memory you won’t ever forget. Please note we require all guests riding in the co-pilot seats must weigh a minimum 80 lbs to a maximum of 250 lbs.
Will you get wet on the jet boat ride?
We offer four (4) types of seating; Co-pilot and Standard Dry Seats are classified as inside seating, however, there is still a chance of getting wet. While the Upper and Lower Wet Deck seats are a fully immersive experience and you will get wet, guaranteed. We recommend you bring a change of clothes.
Do you have changing room facilities on-site?
Yes, we have change rooms available for guests.
What is your cancellation policy?
You have up to 48 hours prior to the boat tour to reschedule your tour, else ALL sales are final unless Ticket Assurance is purchased. To reschedule your tour, email us at [email protected] or call us 1-855-652-8687.
See more about Ticket Assurance below.
Ticket Assurance – Get reimbursed up to 100% with Ticket Assurance or reschedule your booking to another date, based on availability and fare price difference, for no additional change fee, at any time up to two hours before your boat tour. If you can’t attend this experience for any reason, such as, illness, airline delays, traffic accidents, or weather emergencies, you’ll be reimbursed for this purchase, minus the Ticket Assurance fee. Ticket assurance protects your financial investment of the tickets including any applicable taxes (up to the amount of your total transaction cost less your assurance costs) should you not be able to attend for any reason. If you did not purchase Ticket Assurance, this is a non-refundable final sale, and you have up to 48 hours prior to the boat tour to reschedule.