The fall season is almost upon us, and we in Niagara Falls, Canada could not be more thrilled. Fall is the best time of the year to visit Niagara Falls and get in the mist with us!
The air is still warm, but not too hot, the water still cool but not too cold and attractions are open, but not too crowded. Goldilocks would surely agree, the fall is “just right” for a trip to Niagara Falls!
Top 5 Reasons Why Fall is The Best Time of Year to Visit Niagara Falls
1) The Colours – The cooler fall temperatures bring about changes to the local flora that are simply magical and make this season the best time to see Niagara Falls. Niagara is one of Canada’s most fertile areas and has excellent soil and moderate temperatures. These factors contribute to the lush green landscapes you’ll see during the spring and summer months. In the fall the greens turn to rustic oranges, browns, and reds. A nature photographers dream and sure to please every visitor’s eyes.
2) The Niagara Falls Temperature – Fall in Niagara is sure to give you some of the best weather all year. Moderate heat and some of the driest months of the year on average ensures excellent weather for your visit. The Niagara Region is considered to be in the Banana Belt of Ontario. Meaning, in general, Niagara will see warmer temperatures than the rest of Ontario. Average temperatures for Niagara Falls Canada in September are between 22.0 C – 12.6 C or 71.6 F – 54.7 F. So expect sunny, warm fall days with fresh, but not cold evenings, perfect for a Falls Fireworks Cruise.
3) The Shorter Lines – With the beginning of September ringing in the new school year most families stay close to home if doing any travelling at all. Meaning shorter lines at Niagara Falls attractions and restaurants, just another reason fall is best time to go toNiagara Falls. On the topic of dining, when you are planning your visit to Niagara make sure to check out some of these unique dining options! Another way to help keep your line waiting times to a minimum is to purchase tickets online for local attractions. Hornblower Niagara Cruises tickets can be purchased here and can be scanned right from your smartphone!
4) The Local Events – One of our favourite reasons to visit Niagara in the fall is the local festivals and events. September weekends belong to the Niagara Wine Festival celebrating the local wine grape harvest. And be sure to check out the Fall Handmade Market and the Balls Falls Thanksgiving Festival if craft markets are more your style.
5) The Travel is Cheaper – The cost of getting to and staying in Niagara Falls Canada begins to drop off considerably in September. Hotel prices, fuel prices and airline ticket costs all see decreases within the first ten days of the month. Fuel prices alone can drop up to 10-20% during September making visiting the Falls in the fall an attractive road trip destination.
Directions to Niagara Falls
Now that you have all these reasons to visit this season you need to know how to get here!
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada is approximately one and a half hours away from Toronto, Ontario. It is also just across the border from Niagara Falls, New York. Niagara Falls, Ontario sits between one international border crossing and two major international airports, one located in Buffalo, NY and another in Toronto, Ontario making it easy for guests from all over the world to visit.
Our attraction address is:
5920 Niagara Parkway
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada L2E 6X8
For full directions to Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada, see our directions page.
Don’t delay! Plan your fall trip to Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada now! Remember the fall season is only 90 days long.
Niagara Falls FAQ
What is the best time of the year to visit Niagara Falls? The best time of the year to visit Niagara Falls is in the Fall season or Autumn months. September, October, and November are peak times to view the Falls in all their fall glory!
When is the best time to see Niagara Falls? In September, October, or November! Lines are shorter, days are cooler, and the Fall colours are in full bloom.
What is the best time of day to visit Niagara Falls? We recommend visiting Niagara Falls before 11:00 am or after 4:00 pm to avoid peak busy times.
Is Niagara Falls open year round? YES! Niagara Falls boat tours only sail from April through November.