TERMS & CONDITIONS
Thank you for choosing Hornblower!
Please note, when you make a booking for a non-Hornblower operated experience, you will be purchasing a tour, ticket or other service for a third-party supplier and will also be subject to their visitor rules & regulations. If your order includes a Hornblower Cruises & Events product, please read these Terms & Conditions.
Please note the following Terms & Conditions:
- Terms & Conditions may be updated or otherwise modified. We will note the date that updates were last made at the top of this page and they will take effect upon posting. Return to this page periodically to review the most current version.
- You agree to review and be bound by the applicable Activity Supplier’s terms and conditions and any other rules or policies related to the product(s) you have purchased. Your interactions with Activity Suppliers are at your own risk. We will have no liability with respect to the acts, omissions, errors, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any Supplier or for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting from your interactions with any Supplier.
- Modifications or Cancellations by You
- Once a product has been purchased, your booking cannot be changed by you or cancelled with a refund, unless otherwise stated in the terms and conditions applicable to said product. If you need to make changes to your order, visit our website at www.hornblower.com to login and see if you are able edit your reservation. No refunds are available once an activity has commenced, or in respect of any product’s package, accommodation, meals or any other services that have started to be utilized. We are unable to compensate or reschedule guests who miss their event due to inclement weather, traffic or any other circumstance.
- The standard cancellation policy allows you to request a change to and/or cancel a booking up until 24 hours before the start time of the booking; or if the activity does not have an explicit start time, the deadline to request a change or to cancel will generally be 11:59pm, two days before the start date. Timings are calculated in accordance with the time zone of the activity. If any product is designated as ‘All Sales Final’ or with materially similar messaging, it is non-refundable, and it will not be possible to change or cancel it after making a booking. Some products have other, different cancellation policies. In all circumstances, you must check the cancellation policy contained in the applicable Product listing at the time of your Booking, which is the policy that will apply to and govern the terms of your cancellation and any refunds.
- If you need to change the date, time, or reduce the number of tickets in an order, according to the aforementioned guidelines, please cancel the original order and rebook with the updated information.
- If you make a booking using a promotion code, or if you accept a discount or special-offer price during the check-out process, you may invalidate your discount or special-offer price by making a change after booking.
- The price of each product listed is on a per-person basis, unless otherwise specified.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Unless otherwise specified, prices do not include any local taxes or use-fees, including park fees, guides, gratuities, beverages, food or other add-ons.
- Any discounts or coupons must be applied at the time of payment.
- Other Modifications and Cancellations
- On occasion, an Activity Supplier may make a change to a product after your purchase, including but not limited to the date, price, inclusions, coverage, age requirements, and/or any other Product features and/or requirements. As a result, we reserve the right to cancel or change any Product that you have purchased, at any time, for any reason. If the change proposed by the Activity Supplier is material (for example, a change in dates and/or a significant change to the itinerary), and you are dissatisfied with the alternative that is offered, you will be entitled to a full refund of the original purchase price.
- We may decide, in our sole discretion, that it is necessary or desirable for the protection of our interests, the Activity Supplier’s interests and/or your interests, to cancel a booking. We may also determine, in our sole discretion, to refund to you part or all of the amounts charged to you. You agree that we and the Activity Supplier shall have no liability for such cancellations or refunds.
- Products Supplied by Viator
- You will receive a Viator-branded ticket (or, alternatively a voucher from the Supplier) (in each case, a “Ticket”) for each Product booked. In order to access and print your Ticket, you will be directed to a secure webpage hosted by Viator that contains a link to your Ticket. Certain bookings will result in your being provided with an electronic Ticket as well as or instead of a paper Ticket.
- You must provide the original, authentic Ticket to the applicable Supplier in order to redeem your Product. Your booking cannot be honored or redeemed without presenting a valid Ticket. Ensure you read the terms and conditions relating to your booking in order to understand what will be required by the Supplier by way of Ticket presentation e.g. ticket must be printed.
- For security purposes, when redeeming your ticket you may be asked to present a valid photo ID and/or sign the Ticket. In some cases, an Activity Supplier may also require that you present the payment card used to purchase your Product at the time of voucher redemption. This typically applies to attraction and show tickets.
- Limitation on Liability. (a) IN THE EVENT YOU ARE INJURED, BECOME ILL, OR DIE, OR YOUR PROPERTY IS LOST OR DAMAGED, HORNBLOWER WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES UNLESS THE OCCURRENCE WAS DUE TO HORNBLOWER’S NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL FAULT. HORNBLOWER DISCLAIMS LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR INFLICTION OF EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, MENTAL SUFFERING OR PSYCHOLOGICAL INJURY WHICH WAS NOT: (i) THE RESULT OF PHYSICAL INJURY TO YOU CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OR FAULT OF A CREWMEMBER OR THE MANAGER, AGENT, MASTER, OWNER OR OPERATOR OF THE SHIP; (ii) THE RESULT OF YOU HAVING BEEN AT ACTUAL RISK OF PHYSICAL INJURY, AND SUCH RISK WAS CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OR FAULT OF A CREWMEMBER OR THE MANAGER, AGENT, MASTER, OWNER OR OPERATOR OF THE SHIP; OR (iii) INTENTIONALLY INFLICTED BY A CREWMEMBER OR THE MANAGER, AGENT, MASTER, OWNER OR OPERATOR OF THE SHIP. IN NO EVENT WILL HORNBLOWER BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. (b) HORNBLOWER ASSUMES NO LIABILITY IN RESPECT OF THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN ADDITION TO THE LIMITATIONS OF, AND EXEMPTIONS FROM, LIABILITY GRANTED UNDER THE AGREEMENT, HORNBLOWER ALSO RETAINS ANY AND ALL LIMITATIONS OF, AND EXEMPTIONS FROM, LIABILITY ACCORDED TO SHIP OWNERS AND TOUR OPERATORS BY STATUTE OR RULE OF LAW INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE PROVIDED FOR IN 46 UNITED STATES CODE APP. SECTIONS 30501 30511, WHICH ARE UNITED STATES STATUTES LIMITING THE LIABILITY OF VESSEL OWNERS. (c) TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING 46 UNITED STATES CODE APP. SECTIONS 30501-30511, YOU, ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND ANY AND ALL OF YOUR HEIRS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, COVENANT NOT TO SUE OR TO
INSTITUTE OR CAUSE TO BE INSTITUTED ANY KINDS OF CLAIM OR ACTION IN ANY FOREIGN, FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL AGENCY OR COURT AGAINST US ARISING OUT OF, IN THE COURSE OF, FROM OR ATTRIBUTABLE TO THE CRUISE OR THE AGREEMENT.
- Time Limits for Noticing Claims and Filing and Service of Lawsuits. (a) IN ANY CASE GOVERNED BY 46 UNITED STATES CODE SECTION 30508, WHICH IS A UNITED STATES STATUE THAT PERMITS ANY SHIP OWNER TO LIMIT THE TIME DURING WHICH A PASSENGER MAY FILE A CLAIM OR COMMENCE SUIT AGAINST A SHIP OWNER, YOU MAY NOT MAINTAIN A LAWSUIT AGAINST HORNBLOWER OR THE SHIP FOR LOSS OF LIFE OR BODILY INJURY UNLESS WRITTEN NOTICE OF THE CLAIM IS DELIVERED TO HORNBLOWER NOT LATER THAN SIX (6) MONTHS AFTER THE DAY OF DEATH OR INJURY, THE LAWSUIT IS COMMENCED NOT LATER THAN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE DAY OF DEATH OR INJURY, AND VALID SERVICE OF THE LAWSUIT ON HORNBLOWER IS MADE WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS FOLLOWING THE EXPIRATION OF THAT ONE (1) YEAR PERIOD. (b) FOR ALL OTHER CLAIMS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CLAIMS FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, BREACH OF AGREEMENT, ILLNESS OR DEATH OR INJURY, NOT GOVERNED BY 46 UNITED STATES CODE SECTION 183b, YOU MAY NOT MAINTAIN A LAWSUIT AGAINST HORNBLOWER OR THE SHIP, NOR WILL WE OR THE SHIP BE LIABLE THEREFORE, UNLESS WE ARE PROVIDED WITH WRITTEN NOTICE OF CLAIM WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER CONCLUSION OF THE CRUISE, THE LAWSUIT FOR SUCH CLAIM IS COMMENCED NOT LATER THAN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER CONCLUSION OF THE CRUISE, AND VALID SERVICE OF THE LAWSUIT ON HORNBLOWER IS MADE WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS FOLLOWING THE EXPIRATION OF THAT ONE (1) YEAR PERIOD. IN THE CASE OF A CLAIM BY OR ON BEHALF OF A MINOR OR LEGALLY INCOMPETENT PERSON, THE TIME PERIODS DESCRIBED ABOVE SHALL BEGIN TO RUN ON THE EARLIER OF: (i) DATE OF APPOINTMENT OF A LEGAL REPRESENTATIVE FOR THE MINOR OR LEGALLY INCOMPETENT PERSON, OR THEIR ESTATE (AS THE CASE MAY BE); OR (ii) THREE (3) YEARS AFTER THE DAY OF DEATH, INJURY OR DAMAGE, AS APPLICABLE.