Cruise attractions in Niagara Falls, Toronto and Gananoque to set sail under new banner
NIAGARA FALLS, Ont. (July 1, 2021) — It’s time to get back on the water — whether that is enjoying the Toronto skyline, a breathtaking voyage through the 1000 Islands or taking in the majesty of Niagara Falls from the most unique angle.
City Cruises announced today the restart of its cruises for the 2021 summer season on July 1st for Niagara Falls and Toronto and July 2nd for Gananoque, in line with the provincial government’s re-opening plan. This includes the newly rebranded properties Niagara City Cruises boat tour to the base of the Horseshoe Falls, City Cruises Toronto sightseeing and dinner tours and the 1000 Islands cruises out of Gananoque.
“Without question we are coming off our most challenging year, and are looking ahead at some more hurdles in 2021,” says Mory DiMaurizio, Chief Operating Officer of City Cruises Canada. “But we’re getting there and are excited that we have certainty that tourists can once again get out and enjoy three iconic Canadian experiences in Ontario.”
While guests can expect the same superior standards and welcoming service, experiences have been adapted to ensure heightened safety and cleanliness. City Cruises in Canada will offer experiences for guests to celebrate the summer with friends and family including:
Enjoy Canada’s top visitor experience where you get up close and personal with the Bridal Veil Falls, American Falls and get caught in the full-mist of the Canadian Horseshoe Falls (a complimentary protective recyclable mist poncho is provided). When you #GetInTheMist, you feel the roar and get a vista of the mighty power of Niagara Falls unlike any other. The 20- minute boat tour takes you as close to the base of the Falls as you can safely get, with the ultimate souvenir to take home: a memory.
- Schedule — The tours will run daily from 10 am to 6 pm.
- Where to Meet — All boarding is located at the Lower Landing in the Great Gorge. The ramp/elevator entrance is located at the Niagara City Cruises Main Ticket Plaza, 5920 Niagara Pkwy, Niagara Falls, ON L2E 6X8 (look for the large white sails next to the Zipline to the Falls Tower).
- Rates — Adults are $31.25, Children ages 3 to 12 are $21.25, , and Infants 2 and under ride for free.
The most intimate tour of the archipelago where Lake Ontario empties into the St. Lawrence River. This one-hour cruise weaves you through the collection of islands the First Nations call Manitoana — the Garden of the Great Spirit — past fifth- and sixth-generation family cottages and through the narrow channels of the Admiralty and Navy group of islands. Gananoque is the gateway to the 1000 islands, located approximately three hours from Toronto, two hours from Ottawa, and three hours from Montreal.
- Schedule — Tours will run daily at 11:30 am, 2:00 pm, 3:00 pm and 4:00 pm
- Where to Meet – 280 Main St., Gananoque. Parking is available across the street from the dock area.
- Rates — Adults are $26.95; Seniors $22.95; Children ages 6 to 12 are $18.95, and Children 5 and under are $11.95.
A picturesque 45-minute cruise in the inner harbour and Toronto Island lagoons with the striking Toronto skyline as your backdrop. Outdoor seating offers plenty of space for visitors, with a cash bar and snacks available on board. The cruise features an exclusive GPS triggered head-set tour with a lively and informative narrative that is offered in six languages: English, French, Spanish, Mandarin, Japanese and German.
- Schedule — Tours will run Wednesday to Sunday, from July until the end of September, at 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm and 3:00 pm.
- Where to Meet — Boats leave from the Queen’s Quay Terminal: 207 Queen’s Quay West, Toronto. Media Release Page 3 of 4
- Rates — Adults are $28.90; Children ages 4 to 12 are $21.90, and Infants 3 and under ride for free.
Shake up the week, escape the routine and have some fun with your crew. Forget the landlocked, go-to bar and treat yourself to great drinks and incredible views of the Toronto skyline while relaxing on the waters of Lake Ontario. The Sights & Sips Cruise includes a one hour tour through the Toronto Harbour and Toronto Island waterways with lounge music setting the ambiance, a fully licensed cash bar with a great selection of wine, beer and spirits and a menu of delicious appetizers.
• Schedule — Tours will run Thursday to Sunday through the end of summer with departures at 5:00 pm, 6:30 pm and 8:00pm, with a special 10:00 pm departure on Saturday’s.
• Where to Meet — Boats leave from the Queen’s Quay Terminal: 207 Queen’s Quay West, Toronto.
• Rates — Adults are $32.90; Children ages 4 to 12 are $26.90, and Infants 3 and under ride for free.
For the safety of our guests and staff, face masks are required. Bring your own or disposable face masks are available for purchase on-site.
City Cruises Canada is respecting all public health guidelines and restrictions to do our part to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus and keep our staff and guests safe.
Book tickets for all three cruises at citycruises.com.
About City Experiences
City Experiences represents Hornblower Group’s expansive portfolio of water- and land based experience companies and includes two sub-brands: City Cruises and City Ferry. City Cruises companies operate dining, sightseeing and private events across 22 destinations in the U.S., Canada and the UK. City Cruises companies also operate cruises on behalf of the National Park Service and the Niagara Parks Commission and currently hold service contracts to provide ferry service to the Statue of Liberty National Monument and the Ellis Island National Museum of Immigration, Alcatraz Island and Niagara Falls. City Ferry companies offer specialized knowledge and expertise required to transport passengers, vehicles and other cargo safely across inland and coastal waterways, serving as operator of NYC Ferry and Puerto Rico ferry system, among others. City Experiences’ portfolio of companies also offers a range of water- and land-based experiences including shore excursions, partner offered experiences, multi-port packages, with companies including Cruising Excursions, ShoreTrips, Niagara Jet Adventures and Walks products. For more information visit cityexperiences.com
For more information, please call
Vice President, Public Relations – Enterprise
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: 289-241-3997 Office: 905-346-1232