“Many a trip continues long after movement in time and space have ceased,” John Steinbeck once wrote. This is how we at City Experiences feel as the clock winds down in 2022 and we reflect on another marvelous year with our guests.
We had loads of fun with everyone who took a tour with us—be it on the water with City Cruises, on a sightseeing stroll with Walks, while tasting the local cuisine with Devour Tours or enjoying an excursion with Venture Ashore.
All told, 12.9 million guests took a tour
with City Experiences in 111 countries
Here are many other amazing 2022 milestones to commemorate:
- 200,435 bottles of champagne were popped on our dining cruises in the US. Let’s toast to that!
- 68,700 cups of tea were sipped on our dining cruises in the UK.
- 1.5 million recyclable ponchos were worn while getting splashed on our cruises in Niagara Falls.
- 506 whales were spotted while on our whale watching cruises (248 in Boston and 258 in San Diego).
- 16,780 hot dogs were served on US sightseeing cruises– which surely would make reigning Coney Island hot-dog eating champion Joey Chestnut very proud.
- 812 weddings were celebrated on our cruises—Newport Beach, CA topped the list with 147 weddings.
- 3,210,448 passengers visited Lady Liberty in New York City with Statue City Cruises.
- 1,369,864 passengers visited Alcatraz Island and its infamous prison with Alcatraz City Cruises.
- Over 10 million points earned for City Experiences Rewards
- Jet boats travel up to 45mph and when traveling through class V rapids, they hit waves as big as 20 feet.
- Approximately 3,000 keys held by the Key Masters on the Vatican Key Master Tour of Vatican City.
- 122 different food dishes and 51 different drinks tasted on our food tours in Spain.
- 1,922 hours spent exploring (with exclusive access) the Vatican and Colosseum in Rome and other amazing sites in Florence and Venice.
- Venture Ashore has 198 different Essential Collection excursions in Europe–the most on any continent.
- There were 257,405 beverages ordered on our ferries.
Looking back, it’s wonderful to reflect on all the notable things that we shared with our guests in 2022. We look forward to another great year filled with terrific food, drinks and fun experiences!
* Please note that all metrics are assessments based on data available at the time of publication.