Directions FAQ - Statue City Cruises
Ferries depart from Battery Park in New York City and from Liberty State Park in Jersey City, New Jersey. We strongly recommend visitors traveling by auto or bus to use the ample car and bus parking at the ferry area in Liberty State Park in New Jersey. Parking at Liberty State Park is $7 per car. Although private parking garages may be available to you near Battery Park in New York City, parking is usually very limited and can be costly.
WHERE DO FERRIES DEPART FROM?
Battery Park, New York. There is no street address for Battery Park. However, for the purposes of Google maps use , 17 State Street, New York, New York. For Liberty State Park, New Jersey use 1 Audrey Zapp Drive, Jersey City, NJ.
WHAT ARE THE DIRECTIONS TO STATUE CRUISES AT LIBERTY STATE PARK?
The ticketing and departure areas at Liberty State Park are located by the historic Central Railroad of New Jersey Terminal.
New Jersey turnpike, exit 14-B follow signs to Liberty State Park.
- Take exit 14B on the New Jersey Turnpike (or RT 78) whether you are heading north or south. After going through the toll plaza, turn left on Black Tom Road. Follow signs for “Liberty State Park” (the brown sign).
- Go under the overpass and continue on Black Tom Road.
- Go straight past the round-about. Black Tom Road will become Morris Pesin Drive. Continue on this road for .5 miles.
- Turn left on Freedom Way, and go 1.4 miles.
- Make a right on Audrey Zapp Drive. Parking is your first driveway on your right. Once parked, walk towards the water, the historic CRRNJ terminal and Statue Cruises.
Kwa Usafiri wa Umma
Take the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail (HBLR) to the Liberty State Park Station
At the entrance of Liberty State Park, the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail is accessible by PATH at the Hoboken Station or Newport (Jersey City) Station.
- Walk, bike or drive north to Johnston Avenue from Light Rail Station.
- Turn right on Johnston Avenue.
- Walk, bike or drive underneath overpass where the street becomes Audrey Zapp Drive.
- Audrey Zapp turns into a cobble stone road. Drive, walk or bike for 1 mile along cobble stone path. You will see signs and a parking lot on your right side. Please park here, if driving, or continue towards the historic CRRNJ Terminal area. Statue Cruises ticket office is located inside the historical terminal. From the ticket office/security tent areas, walk short walk for departures.
Chukua Huduma ya Ferry ya Kutua ya Uhuru kutoka Kituo cha Fedha cha Dunia huko New York hadi Uhuru wa Kutua Marina ndani ya Hifadhi ya Jimbo la Liberty, NJ.
- When you walk off the ferry, take a right and walk past the Liberty House Restaurant.
- At the end of the path, take a left towards the stairs.
- Cross the cobble stone road towards the parking lot and make a left onto the main path.
- Statue Cruises Ticket office will be inside the historic CRRNJ Terminal. From the ticket office/security tent areas, walk short walk for departures.
From Liberty Science Center to Statue Cruises
- Exit parking lot and make a left on Communipaw Avenue
- At Phillip Street, turn left. Continue on Phillip Street for .5 miles (1 km)
- Make a right on Audrey Zapp Drive and drive for .5 miles (1 km).
- Make a right into the parking lot. Once parked, walk towards the water to the historic CRRNJ terminal and Statue Cruises.
WHAT ARE THE DIRECTIONS TO STATUE CRUISES AT BATTERY PARK NEW YORK CITY?
The ticket office is located inside historic Castle Clinton at Battery Park. We recommend using public transportation to get to Battery Park as parking is very limited in lower Manhattan. Battery Park is also accessible by taxi.
Take any of the following lines:
LOCAL 1 (7th Avenue Line) to the last stop – SOUTH FERRY.
- Walk out of the South Ferry Subway Station.
- Walk north on State Street.
- Enter the first path on your left, taking you into the park. Follow that path around to your left.
- Continue until you reach Castle Clinton.
- To purchase tickets, walk through to the middle of the building.
EXPRESS (Lexington Avenue Line) 4 au 5 kwa BOWLING GREEN.
- Starting at the Bowling Green Subway stop, walk out of the building and turn right heading into Battery Park.
- Walk past the flag pole.
- Ahead is Castle Clinton. To purchase tickets, walk through to the middle of the building. If you already have a “Reserve Ticket” you may go straight to the security screening tent located behind Castle Clinton, along the seawall. If you have a “Flex Ticket”, ask a uniformed crew member for the end of the flex line.
- Tickets may be purchased inside Castle Clinton.
LOCAL kutoka Brooklyn / Queens R / W (Broadway Line) hadi WHITEHALL STREET.
M1, M6 au M15 kwa Ferry ya Kusini (kituo cha mwisho).
Kutoka Upande wa Mashariki chukua Hifadhi ya FDR Kusini hadi Toka 1, Hifadhi ya Betri ya Ferry Kusini. Kutoka Upande wa Magharibi chukua barabara kuu ya Westside Kusini (Route 9A) hadi Hifadhi ya Betri.
STATEN ISLAND FERRY TO STATUE CRUISES
- From the Staten Island Ferry Terminal, head west towards Battery Park. You will see a path way with a playground on your right.
- Walk further on this path until you pass a flag pole, and continue walking straight ahead.
- As you continue, you should see Castle Clinton, a circular brick fort in the distance.
- To purchase tickets, walk through to the middle of the building. If you already have a “Reserve Ticket” you may go straight to the security screening tent located behind Castle Clinton, along the waterfront seawall. If you have a “Flex Ticket”, ask a uniformed crew member for the end of the flex line.
NIKICHUKUA FERI KUTOKA UPANDE MMOJA, LAZIMA NIRUDI UPANDE HUO?
No. You may depart from and return to different locations. Be sure to use the appropriate boarding location at each island. Once you disembark on the other side, you will not be able to board the ferries back to your original departure location. However, you can take the Liberty Landing Ferry Service between Liberty State Park and Manhattan.