Venture Ashore, the world’s largest independent shore excursions provider, adds 9 new European offerings to the “Essential Collection” from WALKS and Devour Tours, part of the City Experiences portfolio of brands
Offered in in top global destinations including Barcelona, Lisbon, Rome and Venice, these additional experiential tours provide guests with exclusive access to personally curated, must-see and do experiences led by an expert team of guides.
New York, NY (July 27, 2022) – Venture Ashore, the largest independent cruise excursions provider in the world, announced today the expansion of its “Essential Collection,” an individually curated compilation of the must-see and do experiences in top cities around the world, maximizing its guests’ time ashore at a great value.
In total, 9 new Venture Ashore experiential tours from WALKS and Devour Tours will be available in Barcelona, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; Civitavecchia, Rome and Venice, Italy. Immerse yourself in the history and local culture of your desired destination while maximizing your time in port including some of the most popular local experiences led by expert guides via comfortable transportation.
Venture Ashore is part of the portfolio of brands under City Experiences, a leading provider of world-class experiential travel offerings. Through its vibrant, exclusively curated offerings and personal connectivity, City Experiences delivers guests with an amazing experience, all provided through their own unmatched Crew and expert Tour Guides.
“We are thrilled to expand Venture Ashore’s ‘Essential Collection’ with new one-of-a-kind offerings that will allow our guests to experience even more on their next Mediterranean itinerary,” said Rinat Glinert, chief operating officer, Venture Ashore. “Our expert local guides will help you explore your port city like never before providing experiences such as a behind-the-scenes access to the Colosseum with your family, a delicious day exploring Venetian culinary culture capped with a gondola ride with your friends, or a Testaccio neighborhood food and market tour with lunch and a gelato experience in Civitavecchia, Rome with your partner, and all delivered with our worry-free guarantee you will get back to your ship on time.”
Venture Ashore’s new tours are being offered with a mix of shared and private experiences and include both pre- and post-cruise land-based offerings. Each Essential Collection tour begins with a meet and greet at the port with your expert guide and ends with a back to ship guarantee. Below are highlights of the new experiential offerings and for a full list visit ventureashore.com/essential-collection.
- Walk with the Gladiators Tour and “Rome on Your Own” Tour – Enter through the Gladiator’s Gate and step into some of the most exclusive parts of the Colosseum for an eye-opening tour most visitors only dream of. Your experience of Ancient Rome will be completed with a full tour of the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill where you will learn about the bustling empire that formed one of the founding pillars of western civilization.
- Testaccio Neighbourhood Food & Market Tour – Explore the authentic Testaccio neighborhood, including its traditional market, and learn why this is the place to go for real Roman food. Get tips on how to eat like a Roman from your expert foodie guide, with a maximum of 10 like-minded food lovers. Taste some of the freshest products in Rome straight from the market stalls: delicious pizzas, cheeses, cured meats, and more.
- Guided Colosseum Tour with Private Transfer – This special access tour—one of the most exclusive and in-demand Colosseum experiences on the market—is led by a local expert guide, versed in all the guts and glory of this truly magnificent symbol of an ancient people and their astounding pursuits. Enjoy transportation to and from your cruise port in a luxury Mercedes E-Class vehicle.
- Barcelona Tastes & Traditions – Explore a mix of traditional businesses and the ones that are writing Barcelona’s story today and discover the real city through its food.
- Complete Gaudi Tour and Barcelona on Your Own– No other tour offers such a deep insight into the life and work of Antoni Gaudí, with first entrance at Casa Batlló; stops at La Pedrera and at Casa Vicens; a skip-the-line tour of Park Guell; and a complete exploration of La Sagrada Família.
- Legendary Venice: St. Mark’s Basilica & Doge’s Palace Tour – Pass by the long lines at two of Venice’s most significant sites and gain access into the intimate spaces and world-renowned places integral to Venetian history and culture.
- Welcome to Venice: Walking Tour, St. Mark’s Basilica & Gondola Ride – Take to the streets and canals of Venice in this walking (and floating) tour that combines some of the city’s top sites with a few of her hidden gems and throws in a gondola ride for good measure. Led by an expert local guide who is happy to show you where to eat, what to see, and how to avoid the tourist crowds.
- Venice Food Tour & Gondola Ride – Experience the “cicchetti” culture of Venice on a 3-hour tasting tour with a maximum of 12 passengers per tour. Taste different small bites from the region at a selection of venues, marvel at the produce on display at Rialto Market, stand in amazement at the famous Rialto Bridge, and try a local gondola ride.
- Lisbon Tastes & Traditions – Spend your morning discovering the local’s Lisbon, from our oldest and most-trusted establishments to our best-kept secrets. As you weave through the historic neighborhoods of Baixa, Chiado, Bica and Cais do Sodré, enjoy shops with histories that date back more than a century, iconic dishes prepared by the best of the best and Portuguese pastries known the world over.
Venture Ashore offers a wide range of tour offerings to satisfy a variety of groups, interests and budgets. Parties of 12 or more can take advantage of a dedicated groups service, with a team of personal specialists to support a seamless experience from start to finish for a unique and tailor-made itinerary. Venture Ashore also offers extensive private tours and features small group tours, varying by destination and demand, accommodating up to 25 people or as few as 6. Venture Ashore provides guests with a worry-free travel experience with more flexibility and generous policies such as full refunds provided up to 24 hours prior to the excursion, 24/7 customer service and a “back-to-ship” guarantee.
City Experiences is a leading provider of world-class experiential travel offerings, redefining how guests see the world with expanded one-of-a-kind travel experiences across major global destinations. Part of the Hornblower Group, a global leader in experiences and transportation, City Experiences delivers a vast array of water and land-based experience offerings in top cities around the world including Barcelona, Boston, Chicago, London, New York City, Paris, Rome, and San Francisco, amongst others.
For more information visit ventureashore.com or cityexperiences.com.
Please click the below link for Venture Ashore press assets:
CLIQUE AQUI PARA OS BENS DE IMPRENSA
About Venture Ashore
Venture Ashore is the largest provider of independent commissionable cruise excursions in the world, delivering carefully curated amazing experiences for cruise travelers led by professional guides in hundreds of ports worldwide. Venture Ashore cruising excursions are currently offered across 111 countries with departures from over 500 ports of call worldwide including over 5,000 individual tours. Venture Ashore is the newest addition to the City Experiences portfolio of brands and backed by Hornblower Group. Venture Ashore offers an unrivaled global collection of travel experiences fueled by innovative technology to deliver a personable frictionless journey for travelers, advisors, and independent tour providers. Venture Ashore provides a wide range of tour offerings to satisfy a variety of interests and budgets. Parties of 12 or more can take advantage of our dedicated groups service, with a team of specialists to support a seamless experience from start to finish for a unique and tailor-made itinerary. Venture Ashore also offers extensive private tours and features small group tours, varying by destination and demand, accommodating up to 25 people or as few as 6. For more information visit ventureashore.com.
Sobre as Experiências da Cidade
City Experiences representa a vasta carteira de empresas do Hornblower Group com experiência em águas e terrenos e inclui duas sub-marcas: City Cruises e City Ferry. As empresas City Cruises operam eventos gastronómicos, turísticos e privados em 22 destinos nos Estados Unidos, Canadá e Reino Unido. As empresas City Cruises operam também cruzeiros em nome do National Park Service e da Comissão de Parques do Niágara e têm actualmente contratos de serviço para fornecer serviços de ferry para a Estátua da Liberdade Monumento Nacional e o Museu Nacional da Imigração de Ellis Island, a Ilha de Alcatraz e as Cataratas do Niágara. As empresas City Ferry oferecem conhecimentos e perícia especializados necessários para transportar passageiros, veículos e outras cargas em segurança através de vias navegáveis interiores e costeiras, servindo como operador de NYC Ferry e de Puerto Rico Ferry system, entre outros. A carteira de empresas City Experiences também oferece uma gama de experiências em terra e na água, incluindo excursões em terra, experiências oferecidas por parceiros, pacotes multi-portos, com empresas incluindo Venture Ashore, Niagara Jet City Cruises, Walks e Devour Tours. Para mais informações visite cityexperiences.com.
Sobre o Hornblower Group
Hornblower Group é um líder global em experiências e transportes. Os negócios corporativos do Hornblower Group são compostos por três divisões principais de experiência: American Queen Voyages®, a sua divisão de cruzeiros nocturnos; City Experiences, as suas experiências em terra e na água, bem como serviços de ferry e de transporte; e Journey Beyond, o grupo australiano líder em viagens experimentais. Com uma história de 100 anos, o portfólio de ofertas internacionais do Hornblower Group inclui experiências baseadas na água (cruzeiros gastronómicos e turísticos), experiências em terra (passeios a pé, excursões gastronómicas e excursões), experiências nocturnas (cruzeiros e ferrovias) e serviços de ferry e de transporte. A Hornblower Marine, uma subsidiária do Hornblower Group, fornece serviços de navegação e manutenção em Bridgeport Boatworks em Bridgeport, Connecticut. Adicionalmente, Anchor Operating System, LLC, uma subsidiária do Hornblower Group, fornece serviços de reserva, emissão de bilhetes e integração de websites para clientes nas indústrias de transporte, turismo e entretenimento. Actualmente, a carteira global do Hornblower Group cobre 114 países e territórios, 125 cidades dos EUA e serve mais de 22 milhões de hóspedes anualmente. Com sede em São Francisco, Califórnia, os escritórios corporativos adicionais do Hornblower Group residem em Adelaide, Austrália; Boston, Massachusetts; Chicago, Illinois; Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Londres, Reino Unido; New Albany, Indiana; Nova Iorque, Nova Iorque; Dublin, Irlanda; e em todo o Ontário, Canadá. Para mais informações visite hornblowercorp.com.
Contactos para a imprensa:
Melissa Gunderson / City Experiences / [email protected]
Michael DeiCas / City Experiences / [email protected]