Terms & Conditions Statue City Cruises
Warnings: The holder assumes all risk of danger and injury. No suit, action, or proceeding against Statue Cruises LLC or its parent, affiliates or contractors, vessels, agents, crew or employees of any of the foregoing entities, shall be maintainable for loss of life or bodily injury to any passenger unless written notice of claim be delivered to Statue Cruises LLC within six months from the date of incident. It is agreed by and between the passenger and Statue Cruises LLC that all disputes and matters whatsoever, including, but not limited to, those involving personal injury or death of a passenger, which arise under, in connection with or incidental to the Ticket or the voyage shall be adjudicated, if at all, in and before a court of competent jurisdiction located in the state of New Jersey to the exclusion of the courts of any other state or country. The license granted herein is revocable upon refunding to passengers the Ticket price.
For All Those Purchasing Crown Access Tickets
Disclaimer restrictions will include:
- All those who purchase a Crown Access Ticket must obtain their physical tickets from either will call window located at: Liberty State Park, NJ or Battery Park, NY.
- Crown Orders may not be redeemed prior to selected departure date.
- Crown Access Ticketholders must pick up their wristbands prior to boarding a vessel from their departure point.
- Crown visitors are encouraged to proceed directly to the security tent at the base of the Statue of Liberty National Monument upon arrival at Liberty Island.
- The climb to the crown is an arduous journey that encompasses 393 steps in a cramped enclosed area with high temperatures.
- All crown visitors must be able to climb up and down the 393 steps unassisted.
- The Statue is not air conditioned. Interior temperatures can be 20 degrees higher than exterior temperatures.
- Crown tours will be cancelled under adverse conditions
The National Park Service recommends that crown visitors be:
- At least four feet tall, if a child.
- Without any significant physical or mental conditions that would impair their ability to complete the arduous climb including:
- Heart conditions
- Respiratory conditions
- Mobility Impairment
- Claustrophobia (fear of confined spaces)
- Acrophobia (fear of heights)
- Vertigo (dizziness)
- Perkhidmatan Taman Negara berhak untuk membatalkan tempahan pada bila-bila masa untuk cuaca, keselamatan, keadaan berbahaya atau apa-apa sebab lain.
- Items Permitted:
- Camera (without case)
- Items not permitted:
- Bags of any kind
- Food and Beverages
- Writing instruments
- Crown visitors will be under full audio and video surveillance at all times in the monument.
- Children under 17 must be accompanied by an adult
- Crown tickets are not transferable
- Crown visitors names will be printed on the face of each ticket
- Names given at purchase cannot be changed
Hard Hat Tour of Ellis Island Terms and Conditions
- All participants must be 13 years of age or older.
- Participants should expect to be on their feet for 90 minutes.
- Your reservation assigns you to a scheduled tour, and the start time will be printed on your ticket. You must check in at the Save Ellis Island Information Desk on the ground floor of the Ellis Island Immigration Museum when you arrive on the island and again at the start time for your tour. The reservation is non-transferrable. If you miss your scheduled tour, you will not be able to join another tour.
- Tour participants must stay with a Save Ellis Island guide at all times. Unauthorized entry of areas off the guided tour will be considered trespassing. Violators will be subject to arrest and prosecution.
- Each participant must wear a hard hat, which will be provided by Save Ellis Island for use during the tour.
- Each participant is to sign a waiver before taking this tour and anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver for them.
Preparing for the tour
- Tours will be held regardless of the weather; except in cases of extreme cold, heat or forecast of significant snow/ice. Save Ellis Island will make every effort to notify participants within 24 hrs of cancelling tours due to weather.
- The buildings are not climate controlled and participants must be properly dressed for weather conditions in New York Harbor on the day of their tour. This may include rain, snow or wind. In extreme weather, the National Park Service may close the island early or for the entire day, requiring cancellation of tours.
- There are no working bathrooms on the south side of Ellis Island. Please make use of the facilities in the Immigration Museum before reporting for the tour.
- Wear comfortable, closed-toe/heel shoes. Sandals, flip-flops, open-toed shoes and high heels are not permitted.
- Bags larger than a standard backpack, 16″ x 20″, are not allowed on the Hard Hat tour. Over-sized packs and luggage are not permitted. No exceptions.
Building conditions and artifacts
- Participants understand that they will enter unrestored buildings containing potential hazards including broken glass, uneven walking surfaces, dust, cracks and loose fixtures. Participants will exercise care to avoid all hazards.
- These unrestored buildings do not comply with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. Participants must be able to climb stairs. We regret that visitors with wheelchairs or scooters are not permitted on the tour.
- Per National Park Service regulations, removal or disturbance of historic artifacts on Ellis Island is prohibited. Participants will not touch anything in the hospital buildings unless specifically permitted by the Save Ellis Island tour guide.
- Still photography is allowed as long as it does not delay the tour, at the Save Ellis Island tour guide’s discretion. Additional camera gear such as tripods, unipods and additional lighting is not permitted.
- Participants are not permitted to take video while on the tour.