The National Park Service also offers limited ranger-led programs for grades 3-6 and 9-12 from October to March. Please check out the Ellis Island School Groups Webpage for more information and availability.
Please review the following information before completing a school group reservation:
- In order to verify legitimate school group status and qualify for the group discounted rate, the group must fax or email a letter on school letterhead detailing the date and time of trip and the number of students and adults visiting.
- The discounted rate is only available for purchase through our group sales department. It is not available for purchase online. The discounted school rate does not apply to any student beyond senior year of high school and college students.
- Required Supervision: One adult leader (age 21 years or older) is required for every 10 youths and must remain with the students at all times. Visitors who are 18-20 years old do not qualify as chaperones. Only the required number of chaperones will qualify for the discount, all additional tickets must be paid at the regular adult or senior rate. Chaperones must remain with the group at all times. Reservation requests may be submitted up to six months in advance. Payment in full by school check is required two weeks to the tour date.
Flex Tickets and Reserve Tickets are both available. For Reserve Tickets, please note that the time you choose is the approximate time you will be entering the Screening Facility and not the vessel departure time. We recommend that you travel lightly. All persons and property are subject to search.
To make a request please follow the instructions below and the group sales department will email an invoice and payment instructions within 5 business days.
RESERVATION REQUEST PROCEDURE
- Complete the request form online OR Download and complete the form.
- If downloading the form, please email it as an attached file to [email protected] or fax to (201) 432-1801.
- Reservation requests are not guaranteed unless confirmed by Statue Cruises.
- Statue Cruises will email an invoice with payment instructions within five business days.
Getting Your Tickets
- E-ticket: Electronic tickets are emailed to you, which you can print out.
- Will Call: The group leader can pick up the tickets at the Will Call window on the day of visit.
- Mail: Statue Cruises will ship the tickets for a nominal fee.
I agree to provide one adult leader (over 21 years of age) for every 10 youths below the age of 21. Visitors with the group who are 18-20 years old do not qualify as chaperones. We are a qualified school group, and I agree to provide an official letter from our school or school district to verify this. By submitting this group trip reservation form, I agree to follow all rules and regulations established by the National Park Service for the operation of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
We look forward to welcoming your school group to the park. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us by email: [email protected] or call: 201-432-6321.