Like most website operators, Gananoque Boat Line collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Gananoque Boat Line’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Gananoque Boat Line’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Gananoque Boat Line may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Gananoque Boat Line also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on https://www.ganboatline.com blog posts. Gananoque Boat Line only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
GATHERING OF PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
Certain visitors to Gananoque Boat Line’s websites choose to interact with Gananoque Boat Line in ways that require Gananoque Boat Line to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Gananoque Boat Line gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for a blog at https://www.ganboatline.com to provide a username and email address.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL SITES
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services.
WWW.GANBOATLINE.COM USES GOOGLE ADWORDS FOR REMARKETING
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
PROTECTION OF CERTAIN PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
Gananoque Boat Line discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Gananoque Boat Line’s behalf or to provide services available at Gananoque Boat Line’s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Gananoque Boat Line’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Gananoque Boat Line will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Gananoque Boat Line discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Gananoque Boat Line believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Gananoque Boat Line, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of https://www.ganboatline.com and have supplied your email address, Gananoque Boat Line may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Gananoque Boat Line and our products. We primarily use our blog to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Gananoque Boat Line takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Gananoque Boat Line may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. Gananoque Boat Line may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Gananoque Boat Line does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
This site uses affiliate links and does earn a commission from certain links. This does not affect your purchases or the price you may pay.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, Gananoque Boat Line uses “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
Those who engage in transactions with Gananoque Boat Line – by purchasing Gananoque Boat Line’s services or products, are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Gananoque Boat Line collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Gananoque Boat Line. Gananoque Boat Line does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
This section applies only to California residents. Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), below is a summary of the Personal Information categories, as identified and defined by the CCPA (see California Civil Code section 1798.140 (o)), that we collect, the reason we collect your Personal Information, where we obtain the Personal Information, and the third parties that we share your Personal Information.
a) Personal Information Categories We Collect
We generally collect the following categories of Personal Information about your when you use our Services:
- identifiers such as a name, address, unique personal identifier, email, phone number, your device’s IP address, software, and identification numbers associated with your devices;
- protected classifications, such as gender;
- commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered by you;
- Internet or other electronic information regarding you browsing history, search history, the webpage visited before you came to our Site, length of visit and number of page views, click-stream data, locale preferences, your mobile carrier, date and time stamps associated with transactions, and system configuration information;
- your geolocation, to the extent you have configured your device to permit us to collect such information;
- audio recordings of your voice to the extent you call us, as permitted under applicable law;
- professional or employment-related information; and
- inferences about your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitudes.
We generally do not collect biometric information, or education-related information. For more information about the Personal Information we collect and how we collect it, please refer to sections 1 and 2 above.
b) Purposes for Processing Personal Information Under the CCPA
We collect your Personal Information for the business purposes described in sections 2 and 3. The CCPA defines a “business purpose” as the use of Personal Information for the business’s operational purposes, or other notified purposes, provided the use of Personal Information is reasonably necessary and proportionate to achieve the operational purpose for which the Personal Information was collected or another operational purpose that is compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected.
The following activities are considered “business purposes” under the CCPA: auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, and auditing compliance with laws and other standards; detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity; performing services on behalf of the business, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, verifying customer information; repairing errors that impair existing intended functionality; Internal research for technological development; verifying or maintaining the quality or safety of, and improving, upgrading, or enhancing, a service or device that is owned, manufactured by, manufactured for, or controlled by the company.
c) Third Party Sharing
The categories of third parties with whom we may share your Personal Information are listed in section 4 above.
d) CCPA Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have rights in relation to your Personal Information; however, your rights are subject to certain exceptions. For instance, we cannot disclose specific pieces of Personal Information if the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of the Personal Information, your account with us or the security of our network systems.
- Right Against Discrimination – You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights described in this section. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your right to know, delete or opt-out of sales.
- Right to Know – You have the right to request in writing: (i) a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, address, email address, that a business has disclosed to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (ii) the names and addresses of all such third parties. In addition, you have the right to request: (i) the categories of personal information we have collected about you, (ii) the categories of sources from which personal information is collected, (iii) the business or commercial purpose for the information collection, (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we have shared personal information, and (v) the specific pieces of personal information we hold about an individual. You have the right to request a copy of the specific Personal Information we collected about you during the 12 months before your request.
- Right to Delete – You have the right to request us delete any Personal Information we have collected from you or maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
To assert your right to know or your right to delete your Personal Information, please contact us at [email protected] or by phone at 1-888-467-6256. To verify your identity, we may ask you to verify Personal Information we already have on file for you. If we cannot verify your identity from the information we have on file, we may request additional information from you, which we will only use to verify your identity, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes.
- Right to Opt-Out of Selling – The CCPA broadly defines “personal information” and “selling” such that sharing identifiers and identifiers linked to you for a benefit may be considered a sale. You have the right to opt-out of having your Personal Information sold. We do not sell your Personal Information. However, in 2019, we were sharing identifiers and inferences about you with our business partners in such a way that, under the CCPA, may be defined as selling. As noted above, you have the right to know the categories of Personal Information that we sold about you and the categories of third parties with whom we shared such information.
Under the CCPA, you may also opt out of sales and sharing your information. Visit our Do Not Sell My Personal Information webpage for more information.
e) Shine the Light Law
If you are a California resident you may request a notice from us describing what categories of Personal Information (if any) we have shared with third parties, including our corporate affiliates, for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. You may request such notice once a year and free of charge. To request a notice, please email us at [email protected] In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Rights Notice.” We will respond to you with thirty (30) days or as permitted by law.
Gananoque Boat Line is located at:
Gananoque Boat Line
280 Main St, Gananoque, ON K7G 2M2